Saturday, May 26, 2012

A World of Ideas

So many random thoughts floating around in my mind that I want to share regarding my sims.  Hopefully to avoid large walls of text, I will split them up into several different posts.   First before I start on any tangents  I want to say that Summerset Bay plays beautifully. I've done moderate tweaking, which I will show off another day, perhaps tomorrow.  Today though, I'd like to talk about other worlds.  As I have been playing Summerset Bay I've been thinking, (I know, don't hurt myself) but, I have been thinking on other worlds. I really don't have any intention of starting new world projects soon.  Though, I've come to realize that for most simmers a large part of our fun is the creating of new anythings.  Which leads me to Hidden Springs.


Hidden Springs is absolutely breath taking and I've really never done anything with it. Since it's release I've tried at different times to play the families. Never being a fan of spoiled rich celebrities I'd find myself annoyed with the sims in this world.  The fantasy setting with it's secretive locals does appeal to me though.   So I have an idea, and I want it written down to tweak later, when I do want to start a new world project.

Hidden Springs will have no celebrities. There will be two factions though, townsfolk, they're normal sims who have lived in Hidden Springs for generations, they live off the land.  Some will have quaint jobs like the local mayor, the local doctor who makes house calls.  A very quaint country village or hamlet style world.  However, in the dark parts of the woods on the edge of the river another faction will reside.  These secretive folks are the Fey, a collection of fairies, gnomes, elves, and dwarves.  The main storyline will involve the sims and fairies learning to live with each other.

There are several routing issues in Hidden Springs though, and I know I've complained about the overly large lot sizes.  I'll open the world in CAW first in order to fix those issues and probably rework the town square.  Overly large lots are just a waste of space.   Whenever you play sims look so spread out and it's very unappealing to me. I enjoy the bustling crowded street look.

I have no idea when I will tackle this project or if I ever will.  Now at least though,  I have it written down where I won't forget it.




No comments:

Post a Comment