Thursday, June 23, 2011

Meadowlark Park

So, I've been working on my custom neighborhood, Summerset Bay.  I have most of the terrain sculpting finished, along with most of the terrain painting.   Now I'm at the point that I need to start laying roadwork.  The problem with that, for me anyways, is I'm unsure what sizes to make my community lots. You know, the ones that go in the main part of the town.  I have a list of all the different lots I want to create, but I just didn't know what lot sizes to go with.  With Create-a-World being so customizable, I feel overwhelmed at times on the direction I want to go.

After spending hours looking over other neighborhoods, I had some direction. Then decided that I would start building a couple of community lots.  Getting a general idea of how I wanted the town square too look would be a good start I thought.  That's when I decided that meadowlark park would be the first of the lots I would build.

Meadowlark Park is the first community lot I had ever built from scratch. I never built very much in TS1.  At the end when Makin' Magic was released I had finally started becoming decent at building, but then too soon Sims 2 was released and well, I feel in love with that.  That is when Meadowlark Park came into being. I still miss the game play from TS1, but the Sims themselves were so much more detailed.  Far more like characters, I just never had much of a want to go back to TS1.

However, back to Meadowlark Park.  It's had many makeovers.  Each time an expansion would be released I would add on or rearrange to make room for all of the new goodies.  The park is definitely one of my favorite lots and I hope I can do it justice in the Sims 3. The park is only partially finished but I thought I would offer up a pic.





Secondly,  I have Splash Pool.  This was one of the last community lots I built for my neighborhood.  Splash ended up being such a popular and fun place to send my sims I decided it would be fun to add it to the Sims 3 version also.





1 comment:

  1. I like it! :) I agree that it's really easy to get overwhelmed in CAW, even if you're starting on a Lite template instead of starting from scratch.

    ReplyDelete