Sunday, July 3, 2011

Summerset's Town Square


This week went by quickly.  I mentioned before that I play other games, well one of those other games is Minecraft. If you haven't heard of it, I really recommend checking it out. Minecraft is a beta released sandbox game with a bit of adventure thrown in for fun.  Since they are in beta we get regular updates and a new one came out this week.  So, that took up part of the week.

I have also been playing my simmies, Sorta.  I have mostly been in CAW, building a road, tearing a road down, rebuild the exact same road and tear the exact same road down.  It's almost as if I think I do it enough times it will suddenly change.  I'm working on the city center of my world.  And getting the layout the way I want has been a rather giant pain in the you know where.  Planning for when I get future expansions has been a major factor in how I plan the layout.  However, it's finally coming together and I feel like I can start on community lots.


This is a very basic finished product of the road layout for the city part of my world.  I promise it's alot more interesting in it's final version.  There is plenty of room for the addition of any new rabbit holes or community lots.  The center of the road layout is where the town square is located.  Facing the square I'll have the city hall, along with shops on the sides.  As the roads branch out, we'll start to place more municipal type buildings such as the school,  hospital, and police station. The edges of the town will be where the stadium, cemetery, and science center will be located.  Then probably a row of very nice trees to give it a finished version.   Hopefully tomorrow I'll have pics of some of the community lots to post.  We're getting to the point now that what we have left should be the fun stuff like nooks and crannies. That is what I am looking forward to the most with this world.

1 comment:

  1. Those mountains look really good! :) I can't do mountains for the life of me. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete